Monday 23 May 2011

And Where Have You Been All This Time??????

OK I know i was trying to keep this blog pretty up to date and it seems to have been fits and starts, well that's more because it "Has" been fits and starts with the build.

New toy section this month sees the addition of a boxford TUD lathe to the workshop, an amazing little tool that is proving useful for everything other than getting on with the build.

I have however to the report that the Dremel I brought is MIA presumed killed, Aka I burnt it out. so I'm looking to get that repaired ATM.

As for the car well I haven't really done alot since the last update, the Cossie Discs and calipers have been refitted along with the 15 inch wheels, the 17's are going back on eBay there just too big.

I have also decided to replace the dash, so instead of the sierra clocks I will be using an AceWell Digital Dash, the 7659 In fact I collected it today and its adorable :P~

To days efforts have centered around completing the rear brake lines, and wiring, all of which is now done even with the fuel sender fitted and earthed! Pictures to follow tomorrow.


Tomorrows Plan is to continue with the wiring, starting off with the fitting of the Speed sensor for the new dash, my plan is to drill and tap the Lobro on the rear drive shaft before loctiting the magnet in and mounting the sensor on a bracket attached to the rear upright. sounds easy eh.

After this the wiring will have to be run up the tranny tunnel, along with the wiring for the reverse sensor.

once these are done I will endeavour to mount the actual dash and wire it up, followed by the Fog light switch before reinstalling the steering column and column switch gear.

this isn't as easy as it sounds as the loom has been made for the standard sierra clocks and requires a fairly extensive modification to the dash area wiring to suit the new dash however i believe it is a modification well worth the effort.

who knows I might just get all that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment