Wednesday 8 September 2010

I should have KNOW better............







So I'm writing this from bed at 15:15 in the afternoon, "Why aren't you at work!" I hear you cry! steady now and I will explain all.






The answer to the above question is "Stupidity" IE Mine.






Let me elaborate for you, Monday came and went as Mondays have a habit of doing, nothing special about it other than taking a mate to Birmingham to collect his new car, In the rain and yes looking over it and getting soaked, OK so not clever but not enough stupidity to really explain the title other than no work getting done on the kit.






Tuesday comes along pretending to be a nice friendly day, I am lulled into a false sense of security by a nice early start for work almost ensures a good finish! and yes I'm home and working on the kit by 17:10 a small miracle!






so the new gearbox mounts are tacked on the engine and box removed and split with the flywheel and clutch being removed and the engine fitted to the stand, nothing hard here and no hard work thanks to my super duper roof mounted winch.






chassis is pushed outside and the floors swept, then blown over with the air line to get all the remaining swarf out and stop it burying itself in my knees on a daily basis!






so i decide hmmm cars outside why not chuck it up on its side and clean the engine mounts up without getting a face full of grinding sparks and hey its not windy so finish the welds whilst its there!






Nah, grinding goes fine, but the welder really doesn't want to play and i end up removing the 0.7KG roll of wire and slinging it so I'm welderless at the moment waiting for the 5KG roll and 0.8 tips I ordered yesterday to be delivered.






still noting to explain my stupidity, well avid reader read on and laugh as you may.....






So with the chassis back on its wheels and ready to push back into the lock up I decided to get the degreasing gun out! with some Gunk in it (neat of course) I fill the lock up with atomised degreaser thinking as soon as I have done it i should have worn a breathing mask, yes people I am sitting hear rattling and coughing like an 90 year old cigar tester who also worked as a coal miner for fun. so learn from my mistakes use a breathing mask if your using a degreaser gun!






oh it didn't stop me tho I washed all the degreaser off and used the air line to blow it clean.






so laugh while you may I'm going to sit here sounding like Mutley from the Wacky racers! I just hope I can breathe well enough to go back to work tomorrow.






Enjoy the pics

No comments:

Post a Comment