Thursday 9 December 2010

Burn Baby Burn Garage Inferno.......






Ok So I've had a bit of luck for a change! I managed to pick up a non working large diesel space heater.
Got it home, repaired a broken wire, cleaned the shite out of the tank and cleaned the filter and ignition plug, unblocked the injector nozzle put it all back together an voila - a working heater for the workshop and for next to nothing!





So with this in place and a little help from a mate to lift the chassis back onto the tressells before carrying on to grind the welds clean and give them a nice coat of paint.






I then decided to work back forwards with regardst to getting the fuel system sorted, Ive glued rubber matting to the chassis where the tank sits to stop it rubbing.






Then I drilled and inserted 2 Rivnuts into the back of the chassis to hold the tank straps, im planning to rivet the back of them to the chassis.


whilst I was doing this my mate was helping out by reinstalling the pedal box and master cylinder along with the front brake lines (secured with clecos for now) I did notice that I need to cut a small "slot" into the clutch pedal to allow for fitment of the clutch cable without removing the soldered nipple.






No comments:

Post a Comment