Sunday 5 December 2010

Itchy & Scratchy!



Ok I know its been a month since I last wrote a blog entry a fair bit has happened which I will now endeavour to bring you up to date with.


I did managed to get the chassis painted as planned and it looked gorgeous! then I decided that I would start a trial fitting of the GRP.

Good plan, I discovered that the rear semi-circular plates needed to be removed.

Enter me with plasma cutter and 20 minutes later there off. From here things get a little awkward.
I start to weld up the various little nicks in the chassis where I cut the plates from and run out of
gas, not a major issue except i need to get a "proper" bottle to replace my helium bottle. this is still not done.

So I ended up borrowing my land lords welder, welding up what I needed to.

After fitting the rear end I decided to tackle the side panels, not to much of a task but one requiring me to constantly badger Andy @ Saturn sports cars, Thanks Andy!

So as I sit now the pair of side panels and the rear tub have been mock fitted along with the nose cone complete with radiator in situ. they have all been removed now for final "fettling" rounding off the corners etc.

the rear tub will of course require more mods including the holes for the suspension to come thru but i plan to do this when i finally fit it as i dont really want the weakened panel sitting about.
A little road trip this weekend took me down to see AshG and purchase a Megajolt from him. nice guy.
Then over to see Alan at premier wiring systems and placed an order for a full wiring loom.

A couple of peeks onto eBay has seen me the owner of a new set of alloys that clear my front brakes! and a set of caterham rear lights.

Enjoy the piccies.






No comments:

Post a Comment