Thursday 19 August 2010

All work and no play........


So its been all work and no play so far this week, until last night that is!

my plans for Tuesday went out the window as I ended up stuck in Dover overnight for work.

Having made my way home Wednesday I proceeded to mount the new steering set up, finding it no better than the old set up (except every things now perfect not "near enough") I took the decision to cut all the engine mounts off and start from scratch again, 3 hours later I have an engine tack mounted but totally clear of the steering column! Yay!

I also took the time to finish my tidy up and now have a clean workshop! also having removed the fuel tank and rear roll bar from the car and put them in the other lock up for the time being.


the plan for tonight is to removed the excess material left from the old mounts that I didn't remove last night as I ran out of grinding discs and make some 5mm plates to weld to the chassis for the mounts to bolt on as I am unhappy with the current 3mm ones.


then I will cut off the gar box mounts and realign that making sure its dead center of the transmission tunnel before re welding them.


Then, and now I'm probably pushing my luck i might get the seat mounts and harness mounts welded in.


here's to dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment