Friday 6 August 2010

Ok so two posts in one day

Well this is a first, after my revelation this morning I decided that the reason I'm not happy with the progress on the kit is mainly the finish, so how to rectify this? well my conclusion is I'm going to finish the welding on the chassis, IE rectify the steering problems and complete the remaining brackets for the engines ancillary systems IE rad mounts, nose cone mounts, then exhaust braking etc etc well i reckon you get the idea, then strip down and off to the powder coaters for a decent finish. then rebuild the rolling chassis before off to the local garage to get the tracking and wheel alignments set before covering the track rod ends with the IVA proof gear.

Ive also decided to remove the 2 litre pinto that's currently fitted in order to strip it and check it over, I do have a 1800 pinto i can drop in so as to make sure that all the pipes brackets etc etc are in the right place.

I'm also planning to "pretty it up" chroming and powder coating various odds and sods and stainless bolts.

I feel like I'm having a ramble here so I'm gonna leg it and see what the kids are destroying

No comments:

Post a Comment