Thursday 19 August 2010

So a man walks into a bar........

Well you might think that last nights effort were a bit of a joke, I managed to spend 5 hours in the lock up last night! woo, I spent 3 of them with the angry grinder cleaning up the remains of the old engine mounts back to bare chassis beams. to discover that two beams had been damaged, one of them badly by the plasma cutter.
So, rather than filling the gaps with weld I've decided to plate them, this is all good and simple until yup you guessed it the welder runs out of wire! OK so this isn't a major issue I have a spare roll, oops the spare roll has gotten damp and now has more surface rust than a British Leyland build car! its beyond use. so that effectively halts progress for the evening. or does it, infinite wisdom ensues and the time is well spent reorganising my tools, making sockets back into sets (well close to sets) and sorting tools to go back in the van.

Well tonight after work I'm off to collect the fibre glass from the guys at Saturn, I gave you a sneak peek of it the other day with the photo that Andy sent me, once I get it home I might, that's might..... drop some of it on the chassis to give you a lookie at what she will look like once the body work is completed.

and yes girls, its a she. anything this awkward has to be female!

No comments:

Post a Comment